Thursday, November 12, 2009

"Smile Campaign"

Nov.12, 2009

Bae Yong-joon promotes Korean tourism in "Smile Campaign"

Source: 10Asia
Reporter : Lynn Kim /lynn2878@asiae.co.kr

2009.11.12 13:44

Hallyu star Bae Yong Joon promotes"Visit Korea" Campaign
[Korea Tourism organization]


Official posters of a "Smile Campaign" featuring Hallyu star Bae Yong-joon have been unveiled through the pages of some 40 media outlets, according to his agency on Wednesday.

The actor, who was appointed PR ambassador for the "Visit Korea 2010-2012" campaign last month, will be promoting Korean tourism through the posters released yesterday, BOF Entertainment said in a statement.

In February, a poster featuring the actor smiling in front of traditional Korean palace had been released to Japan's major newspapers including Asahi Shimbun, Yomiuri Shimbun and SPUR magazine.

"We expect this campaign to receive a positive response from Korean people," an official at Korea Tourism Organization was quoted as saying. "Bae Yong-joon has been promoting Korean culture and tradition through his book and a lot of people are relating to that."

Bae recently released photo essay book "Discovering the Beauty of Korea", which contains photographs of various cultural artisans that the actor met during his year-long travels. He authored the book in order to introduce Korean culture such as food, tradition and travel locations.

The 37-year-old actor has been actively promoting Korean culture in Asia since shooting to stardom in the region after starring in 2002 hit TV series "Winter Sonata" alongside actress Choi Ji-woo.

Reporter : Lynn Kim lynn2878@asiae.co.kr
<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Leny,
Have you ever been to Korea or will you go there one day? Interesting country I'm sure but so far away from my place.
I wonder if this promoting to go to Korea will be shown outside Asia. Here we don't know much about Korea and I don't think it would be in the top ten countries for vacation. The tickets to fly there I bet are very expencive.

Ida

LENY said...

Hi Ida,

Never been to Korea and I think I can't go there yet. Have no budget for that yet, my life now is so hard and my priority are my children.

No pleasure and passion for now, I have to secure first the studies and other needs of my children.

From here, it will take 4 hrs by plane, and perhaps the tickets, more or less 1000 USdollar round trip, I'm not sure.

Are you planning to go to Korea? Oh nice, hope you met BYJ too. How exciting it is.

Anonymous said...

No plans. Just some thoughts and since you are closer to Korea than I am maybe you will one day fulfill your dreams. As for me: I'm glad there is internet and that I can travel over the net. Many interesting web sites and people. To me the internet has been a blessing. I met you and that was a good thing for me. It is also an oportunity to read about new countries and try to learn about new culture and traditions. In that way I can get some understanding about other nations.
And as Christians we have one heart in Jesus and that makes us brothers and sisters in Him wherever we are in this world.
Ida

LENY said...

Yah, you're right. Internet is really a blessing. Teaches me a lot. Given me more knowledge and more friends like you, too.

Btw, Christmas is approaching, I'm not decorating my home yet.May be, if I have time next week, I will. And I take some photo, so that you could see our little haven, he he he.
I really love to decorate my house every Christmas season though it's so tiring.

Love, Leny