Saturday, March 6, 2010

[Reposted] "The Beauty of Korea " Preface...

March 6, 2010

" The Beauty of Korea " Preface , P. 13 ( By BYJ )

Japanese translated to Chinese by Snowkin
(http://loveyongjoon.11138.net/bbs/topics.cgi?forum=3&topic=6368 )
English Translation by Crystal/ KOB

I can't remember which press conference at Japan ,
there's a question raised among all the reporters .
" Can you recommend some Korean favourite tour spots and monuments to us ? "
I remembered I didn't answer to this question immediately .
At that time I was thinking , " Actually how much do I know and understand about Korean culture ? "
It's very embarrassing to say that in fact I almost don't know anything .

I am not intentionally doing something related to the enjoyment of popularity .
I am still very confused so far .
Often feeling I'm not deserve.
And at the same time , the gratitude raised from the bottom of my heart not only one or twice.
I was thinking " How can I express or return these feelings ? "
Is there anything I can do ?
I was puzzling , then thought about can I try to write a book ?
I wish in the undetail process of learning Korean Culture ,
can have a re-discovery towards my inner-self .
It seems that I am able to find prior to the presence of I am ,
something that are guarding silently around .
At the same time , I wish to present all the beauty and excellence of Korean culture ,
to those people who love and care about me .

First of all this is not as an actor , Bae Yong Joon .
But as a person ,
I would like to proceed .
I would like to find out something solitary , or being missed .
When I started to be an actor ,
I had enthusiasm and sincerity to life .
Also that was the time when I was still young and green .
I wish to go back to the beginning , and like to start again .

Just like every families ( fans ) who loves me ,
I am still struggling with life .
I just am a person who worrying about life .
If from my heart ,
did lose thoughtful and memorable things ,
that will just be a lonely life .
I have such a deep feeling about this recently.
Through the culture and among the people , I would like to find her (it ) in my heart .

This book definitely can't represent Korean culture .
I'm afraid may be I will wrongly convey her .
I wish this book for the beginner to search Korean culture ,
can interpret it as my green but sincere travel record .
There are lots of inadequacies ,
but if my mind can be delivered ,
and have interests in Korean culture as well as the Asian culture ,
there's nothing more worth than this .
I write this book since I wish this small gift can become a great joy .


2009 Fall ,
Bae Yong Joon


4 comments:

annacronism said...

Hi, sister Leny.
I wish I could read the rest of Yong Joon ssi's book. It sounds wonderful, but no one has said when it will be published in English. I wish I knew. Thank you, dear, for posting this excerpt. Love, Anna

LENY said...

Hi Anna,

Me too, actually I really envied our Korean and Japanese sister that have "The Beauty of Korea" and the Photo Album. They're so lucky to have those.

Don't worry about the English version, if it's available already, the management will surely announce it,let's just w8 :)

Love, Leny

Anonymous said...

Dear Leny,

If you get the news about an English translation of the book please remember to announce it loud and clear on you blog.
You said you had a collection of BYJ DVD:s (if I understood it right) Is it translated to your language or are the subtitles in English?.
I continued to watch "Hotelier" after Winter Sonata and I think I like that one better than WS. Not so many annoying charaters. AND it's a happy ending without a blind hero! I can understand why BYJ had a break through there.
Ida

LENY said...

Hi Ida,
Don't worry , I would surely announce it loud and clear as soon as I can get the news :)

I still don't have all his drama DVD's , only some that's available here. It's all in original Korean language and have subtitles only, that's why my eyes are so busy and tried every time I watch DVD.

Love, Leny