Thursday, April 2, 2009

Recycled Newspaper

March 23, 2009


Hi friends and to my Bae family, you know I've done recycling last week. I recycled some of our old news paper.

For those who have problems on how to get rid of their old newspaper, here is one way of making use of them than just throwing them in the garbage.

According to Sierra Club.org/energy/tenthings,
One of the
Ten Things You Can Do To Help Curb Global Warming is....
#9 - Reduce, Reuse, and RecycleProducing news paper, glass and metal product from recycled materials saves you to 90% of energy and pollution including CO2 that would result if the product came from virgin materials. Recycling a stock of news paper only , four feet high, will save a good sized tree....


It's so easy and simple, just by folding and simple weaving, you can have a finish product like bags or baskets or tray or any form you want to do and design.

1. Gather up several newspaper and fold about 6" wide or half the newspaper for small one(like mine) and quarter for bigger newspaper.


2. Then cut by tearing or you can use scissor if you want to.

3. Then fold and fold until you can make a half an inch strip of newspaper.

4. Put glue so that it will not loose.


5. If you think that your news paper strips are enough for your needs then you can start to make a weave.

6. Make a few start...


7. Then add as wide as you desire.


8. Make it tighter, be sure there's no holes...

9. Then form as what ever you want to make... I want a simple bag, so I made it like this.

10. I did the braiding system of 3 strips of newspaper to make a handle.

11. Then I paint it with Plastic Varnish and let it dry the whole day.

12. I select the paper twine to accessorize my basket ( sorry , I want other color but there's no choice, it's the only one left in my stocks)

13. I loosen the twisted twine....

14. And make it as a ribbon on my basket. Actually you can use any thing you want to accessorize your basket. You can use a real ribbon or even scarf.

15. I just picked one flower to my flower vase ( I don't want to buy new one)

16. I got ready my glue gun to fix the flower.

17. Jang jang..... Here's my finish product. How does it look.

18. Oh... there's another one.... he he he he, my youngest did that basket....

19. Actually, she did it first for her school project and she also picked those sun flowers in my other flower vase too ( like daughter like mother)... I just copied her, he he he he...

20. Oh again... our family bears want to join the pictorial...he he he he.

Well, well, well that's our ecologically friendly bag and basket. How do you like it. It's perfect for the environmentally conscious people like me or us.

P.S. I forgot to mention that if the news paper contain an articles about my "Honey Baeb" BYJ, for sure I won't include that in recycling, I'll keep that for life...he he he he...

No comments: